Re[2]: Roadster gear ratio's

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Roadster gear ratio's
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:52:41 -0800
Pat,

No, I said it changes the effective gearing ratio, not the actual gear
ratio. As Adam said, I'm making the case that the effective gearing ratio
changes so "2.957 in 1st with 3.70 rearend rotates the tire at the same
rate as 3.117 in 1st with 3.90 rearend". You put a different rear end in,
you get a different effective ratio in comparison with the stock setup.

Fred
'66 2L with 1600-rear-end - quick off the line
'68 2L with 2000-rear-end - not as quick
'70 1600 with 1600-rear-end - quick off the line