RE: Re[2]: Synthetic oil (not long)

To: "'Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us'" <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>,
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Synthetic oil (not long)
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:28:17 -0600
Hey Fred -

They could not get the dollar bills ground fine enough so .................

Synthetic stocks start as a crude oil or natural gas from which ethylene is
produced.  This is turned into alphaolefins - synthetic hydocarbons of low
molecular weight.  Then they are polymerized (linked together) into
polyalphaolefins of heavier molecular weight.  Some synthetics also use
ethers which are acid/alcohol compounds.  Mobil 1 is a polyalphaolefin.

A short response and I bet you guys are glad:-)

Phil