Re: Stroked R16

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Stroked R16
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:04:50 -0800
Lighter weight, higher strength materials are definitely in order for
reciprocating engine
components. Remember, the piston and connecting rod come to a complete (albeit
very brief)
halt twice in every revolution. The lighter these components are, the less
stress they and
their supporting/connecting components are subjected to (Force = Mass x
Acceleration).

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA