looking for 411 [thanks and news]

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for 411 [thanks and news]
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:47:24 -0700
Thanks to all the people that responded to me about the 411. The
roadster community ceases to amaze me with all the help and
friendship that out there. I'm glad to be a part of a great group of
special people.

Well, my search is over. While looking for a 411, a nice car that
wouldn't need much work put into it, I came across an add for a
bluebird. Turns out the guy lives in concord, and it is a 310 of all
cars. I took a look at it yesterday, and the body is in great shape.
It's been sitting in a barn for 8 years. The guy that I'm getting it
from says that he started her up 2 years ago and she purred fine.
There are rust pits on the grill and bumpers, and the rear window is
broken. The uphostery is shot, but the rest of the interior is in
good condition, as is the dash. It still has the orginal paint, two
tone white and red, that desperately needs repainting. All in all it
is a straight car, but much more of a restoration project than what
I'd hope for. The only reason I'm getting it is that the guy is
offering only $400 for the whole thing including original owner's
manual.

So my question for the roadster community is

A) do you know of any other 310 people I could contact for help.

and

B) to start things off would anyone know where I could get a rear
window for a 1965 310 bluebird?

--

Hoon Kim
Pixar Animation Studios