Door gasket question

To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door gasket question
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 19:04:47 -0600
Hey roadster nuts,
I've procrastinated long enough since I restored my '70 2000 along time
ago.  It's time to replace the door gaskets.  When I bought the car and
restored it in 1988, it had the PO's hardware store gaskets for the
doors (not original type and not pretty, so yanked 'em along time ago).
I've bought original Nissan gaskets and I'm trying to determine the
correct positioning from front to rear.  Does the gasket extend all the
way to the top of the windshield or all the way to the top of the door
pillar?  It seems too short to extend to both.  So if  there's excess
length to be cut, on which end?  I've got a potentially wet race this
weekend and need to keep the water on the outside.
TIA
Long live the Datsun roadsters,
Gary Boone
WyCROC