RE: door gasket question

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: RE: door gasket question
From: Fergus OFarrell <FOFarrell@qtww.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:16:53 -0700
One of the first things I attempted was installing these, and I was totally
clueless that there was a doorcap piece, so I just bent the weatherstrip
around the corner on the door side, bonded it with 3M adhesive, and was
done. (it looks fine)  Then, I tried the driver side, and have bonded that
corner back on 10-12 times, each time it springs off.  (PO had a rivet in
there) I don't remember whether starting at the door side vs. the w/s side,
that may have been the difference, but I don't think so.  I think a vendor
has the door caps, although I think the price made me think I could make
something that was functional.  (but then 'functional' is more the theme of
my car, and my car budget)  So now I have cut off the springy piece, and
will leave it until I rip a favorite shirt, (like my REALLY COOL Solvang
2001 shirt, then make something.
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA