Overheating Problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating Problems
From: <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:01:35 -0500
Dave Stoll wrote - "Could some of the "spiking temps" have come from a weak
pressure cap
which could not always hold pressure which would keep the temp down?"

One thing I notice on my car is that on the overflow the pressure cap is
rated at 13lbs.  I remember something about the proper pressure being in the
5lb. neighborhood.   Could this be a contributing factor to my highway
overheating?  Drove it in to work this am - temp. gauge reading right down
the middle.  BTW - visual inspection of my radiator core does not reveal any
corrosion and I have the factory air deflector under the car.  Weird.

Marietta, GA
1968 2000
1973 240Z