Datsun Hot Rod

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Hot Rod
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 09:02:11 -0400
I went to a huge car show yesterday and it was for modified cars and hot
rods (Sunday is classic cars). One of the "rods" there was a 1959 Datsun
1000 with a 289 Ford stuffed in it. The owner welded and filled the rear
doors and put in a Ford rear axle and numerous other mods. He's owned it
since 65 and it was his first car. Unfortunately I didn't bring a camera
because they also have a huge swap meet and I intended to buy some stuff and
couldn't carry everything.

BTW, I bought a starter for a Dodge Colt that is very similar to the
Roadster but needs a Roadster nose piece on it. Any one ever try to modify a
starter from another Japanese car to fit the Roadster? The motor is exactly
the same.

I also bought Bosch caps and rotors for $1 per set and I took everything he
had. I also bought new KYB struts for a 240 for $1 each!!!!!! I now have an
extra set of Struts for my car. Unfortunately no Roadster shocks. Someone
else was selling Konis for $25 per pair but again nothing for the roadster.

Mike