Re: What is different?

To: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: What is different?
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:22:11 -0500
>I had a new exhaust system installed (from the manifold back). I had the
>resonator removed and I increased the pipe diameter to 1 3/4". My 68 2000
>was tuned and running well just before the work was done. Now the
>car...well...feels different. It hesitates when cold and won't idle until
>fully warmed up. When it is fully warmed it does run quite well, lots of
>power and sounds good. But it just doesn't seem to be as "in tune" as it was
>before. What would cause this? And what can I do to balance things out?

Since you increased the diameter and did away with the resonator it
probably leaned the mixture out somewhat. I'd put fresh plugs in it and
check the dwell and timing and drive it for a few days to see how the new
plugs color before I messed with the mixture, but you may need to fatten
it a bit. There are folks much more familiar with the SUs (your car does
have SUs?) than I than can probably be more specific.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas
(817) 572-0873