Re: 2nd Roadster :-)

To: spearseng@home.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2nd Roadster :-)
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:28:45 EDT
<< Is it a '68 or '69, SRL 311-05562, was listed as a 68 but title from '88
says
 '69?  Side maker lights are not present.
http://www.spears-engineering.com/roadsters.htm

 If I want to restore original, will it make any difference if I want to
switch
 to the solex's instead of the SU's that were stock?

 Where do I check for matching numbers? >>

Hello,

Sounds like you have a 1968 Roadster.  SU's to Solex's?  Yes there will be a
difference.  If you are restoring back to original then Solex's will be
unoriginal.  But it wouldnt be incorrect either.  Lots of opinions here.

As for checking the numbers.  That is easy to do if you have the original ID
Plate.  It will indicate the chassis number and the motor number.  The
chassis number can be located on the left side just forward of the carbs.  It
is stamped onto the top of the frame.  Sometimes it is covered up with dirt
and grease.  The motor number is stamped on the block on the battery side of
the car.

Calspeed