Now an official Roadster owner

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Now an official Roadster owner
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:55:56 EDT
Well, we finally did it!

After oh, about 10-11 years of on-again, off-again searching we finally
purchased our first Roadster.  It's a '64 with a transplanted 1600 engine.
The new baby turns over but doesn't start, and Len is just itching to get
under the hood and start tinkering.  His dad was a big Datsun fan, and the
two of them did major overhaul work on several cars so he has plenty of
experience working on engines and transmissions.  We specifically wanted a
project car and I think we got exactly that!

We got a LOT of help from the people who attended the AzROC picnic last
Sunday, including a lesson from Andrew Murphy on '64 Roadsters.  As he
mentioned in his post,  the people were really great and Laurie did a
fabulous job coordinating the event.  We are looking forward to participating
in (and helping with) such events, especially once the Roadster is running!

The challenge we face now is getting the car home.  I called U-Haul and we
could get either a tow dolly or a trailer, but since their books don't go
back that far they aren't sure the car would fit on the equipment.  Could
someone provide the specs on the width from tire to tire?

Charlotte and Leonard Hoover