Re: spark plugs

To: dgstoll@mint.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spark plugs
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 01:20:55 EDT
404's for the 1600 too.    The 64 is the same thread/heat range/ thread
reach, BUT the 64 is an extended tip plug Take a look at the two together at
the parts store and you'll see what I mean. Your roadster will want the 404.
I'm surprised the catalogs are showing it that way. I dug out a fairly
current autolite catalog (1998) and BOY it is sketchy. They may be referring
to the L-16. I also checked a handy NGK & Champion catalog and they dont even
list the 311's.  (NGK equiv of 404 is a BR6ES btw)

 FWIW,

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311