Re: Those sounds...

To: "Diana Wilson" <goldenmaia@onebox.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Those sounds...
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:52:36 -0400
W/O hearing the car in person it's hard to pinpoint buzzes and noises except
if it was endemic to the car and which many people experienced such as the
buzzing in Miatas at about 4K.

Usually a buzzing is a sign that a piece of sheet metal is loose and as
mentioned by Robin it could be the heat shield as they do break often. It
could also be the backing plates on the brakes making funny noises too.

Remember these are old cars with old technology and they tend to make a lot
more noises than modern cars, at least in my experiences. Usually if it's
serious there will be louder noises/squeeks/rattles but that may not always
be the case. Additionally some of the bolts have not been tightened since
the day the car was built.

If nothing falls off you're OK :)

Mike