Those sounds...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Those sounds...
From: "Diana Wilson" <goldenmaia@onebox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:15:19 -0700
I have to admit, I've been a /little/ jumpy about the little car since
I've had him this past week.  Those startled 'what's that'...and 'is
that normal?', when going over bumps, ruts and zipping around corners
or just in general driving.  I just want to be /sure/ that a certain
noise I'm hearing is harmless.

When decelerating slowly, between 30 - 25 mph he sort of buzzes. Bbbzzz...but
if I give a bit more gas or downshift it goes away.  (Is that normal/typical?)

I know I have to 1) Replace/repair the clutch (but since I'm relearning
shifting it seemed silly to bother with it until I get the hang of it
+ I wanted to DRIVE him while the weater was nice!) 2) The transmition
needs work...(see #1)  I just want to be sure the sound isn't something
that needs attention ASAP.

Thanks for the help! :)

-D-
(Oh boy this is going to be an expensive Winter...I guess I know what
to ask Santa for! :> )

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com