Re: reply: Those sounds... (too long)

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Re: reply: Those sounds... (too long)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:31:12 -0700
On 5/21/2001 Fergus OFarrell <FOFarrell@qtww.com> wrote:

<snip>
>  Oh, another trick, find an alley and drive real close to the wall,
>you'll hear a whole new set of sounds.  Then turn around and listen to
>the other side.  It'll help when a new one reveals itself.

Absolutely! The wall will magnify the noise volume. I live on a street
split by a center divider wall. So every time I drive onto my block I perk
up my ears to listen for new noises. You'll be surprised at what you can
hear, that you can't hear on an open road. One noise that took me a while
to pin down was a loose body-to-frame mounting bolt, causing the fender to
flex. Take care of the noises one by one.

Fred - So.SF
P.S. Calspeed is talking about an early June get-together. If you can make
it, we'll figure out the cause of the noise.