Re: L.A. Area chrome shop

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>,
Subject: Re: L.A. Area chrome shop
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 18:36:56 -0500
Laury, Victor wrote

>Speaking about chrome, I have a PILE of items from a certain tiny truck That
>needs plating. This includes both small and large items Bumper, grill, vent
>window frames and lock handles, door locks, door handles, Badges, sunvisor
>mounts and head lamp trim. Whew! I'm going to need a 2nd job to pay for
>this!
>
>Any L.A. folks have a suggestion for a plater? i have heard that "Bumper
>Boys" have trouble with small items.

My rechroming was done when I lived in North Hollywood.  I used Van Nuys
Plating, I think it was.  Years down the road, most of it still looks
pretty good with the exception of one of the hub caps and two bumper
overriders which look like they're blistering.  I don't know why it's
confined to those parts.  f I were still in the area and getting ready to
rechrome *my* 320   I think I'd look elsewhere, besides, if I recall,
they took months.

-Marc

Marc Tyler
Sisterdale TX