Re: L.A. Area chrome shop

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <lauryv@MTA.NET>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: L.A. Area chrome shop
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:50:58 EDT
  Gary and Vic,

  I used Astro Plating in Van Nuys when I re-did all my chrome also.  (They are
on Erwin, x-st. Van Nuys Blvd).  I had EVERYTHING rechromed, it cost me $1200.
But before you take anything home, open it up and closely inspect each part.
It should come wrapped up in wax paper.  I had to give them back a bunch of my
parts because they hadn't cleaned it up enough before replating and I had
chrome peeling away.  The owner gave me a hard time saying the parts couldn't
be cleaned anymore for fear of going through the metal.  After the second time,
they came back MUCH better.  (But I STILL had to give back a couple of parts)
The whole ordeal all took over a month and a half to get it done, but worth it.

  Squeeky wheel gets the grease...

  Stan Wada