Re: prices

To: Edgar Gonzalez <spl212@home.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: prices
From: Thomas - Sweden <csp311@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 12:28:53 +0200
I would add: can I have it made myself for less? This is true
when it comes to Silvia parts. I was recently offered a pair
of taillights, rear window, rear muffler and a set of door
hinges (used parts) for more than I paid for my first Silvia
last year. It will cost to use original parts. Roadster parts
seem to be in the mid level prices where some European
and especially British parts are a lot less. I was looking for
a small inside door pull handle and thought of Porsche 356.
They are $148/each. When looking at German TV last week
where they did a story on old car restorations, they visited
a Mercedes restoration shop. The shop owner said he think
there are more 300SL Gullwing cars on the road today than
the factory built during the 50's, fibreglass replicas excluded.
Try to find one under $150K.

The only mass produced sportscar from Sweden was the Volvo
1800. They made 37000 cars from 1961 to 73. Most spare parts
are available new from the dealer network or the owners club
shop, at prices lower than the Roadster parts. A nice restored
original car will sell for about $10K.

Just an overseas input on the price discussion.

Thomas

--
 Thomas in Sweden