Parts mission

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts mission
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 05:57:10 -0500
Hello list,
I was at a very large custom car show last weekend at Wisconsin Dells.
Had to be at least 500 cars in the show. I was the only Datsun in the
show. A guy comes up to me and says that he was offered a middle of
restoration roadster 3 weeks ago for $200.00. He's not into sports cars
so he turns down the offer. The owner takes the car to a salvage yard
and junks it.

This week I got in touch with the bone yard that has the car. The owner
say's "It's disassembled and sitting in the rain". I'm driving 200 miles
today to check this baby out. I know for sure that the car was bought
for scrape prices and it will be interesting to see how much the guy
wants for parts or the whole car. I'll update the list later as to
whether I get a deal or screwed on price.
Steve Harvey
Milwaukee
68 2000 solex
70 1600