Powder coating soft top frame

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powder coating soft top frame
From: "Craig Odell" <CDADDYO@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 09:54:00 -0700
List,

I took my 68 soft top frame to the powder coater today. He eyeballed the
frame for a minute and then told me he couldn't powder coat it. He told me
that the plastic washers between the rivet joints would melt out. The curing
process incorporates 400 degree temps that would melt the plastic washers
and produce a sloppy feeling top frame. Does anybody have any experience
with this process? Has anyone had it successfully done? Also, what are my
other options if I can't have it powder coated? Urethane paint?

TIA
Craig Odell
68 2000
67 1600