RE: Powder coating soft top frame

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Powder coating soft top frame
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 18:55:47 -0700
Does anybody have any experience with this process? Has anyone had it
successfully done? Also, what are my
other options if I can't have it powder coated? Urethane paint?

Craig:

We had a lot of stuff powder coated on our car and it works very well.
However, the coater is right. Anything that cannot stand up to the
temperatures in the curing process (plastic, small, thin parts, etc.) cannot
be done safely. You can have the frame zinc plated, however. It does not
cause damage to the plastic bushings. Looks good, too!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311