Re: cylinder head removal

To: <Christhman@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cylinder head removal
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 08:40:51 -0400
Chris,

Make sure the head is true and check the block too. Clean all gasket
surfaces thoroughly, I use fine scotch brite wheels mounted in a drill then
lacquer thinner. Chase the head bolt threads on the block to get the crap
out and so you get a good pull with not too much friction from dirt and
crud. I use oil on the bolts. Clean the crud out from the cylinder bores and
elsewhere. As Fred Katz said, use paper towels as they are not as
destructive as cloth.

I am using Cooper Coat on the headgasket unless someone has had bad
experiences with it. Please send your comments.

Mike