Re: cylinder head removal

To: <Christhman@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cylinder head removal
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 23:44:39 -0400
Chris,

I use circular Scotchbrite Rolok (spl?) wheels on my drill. I bought some at
Sears and found others at autoparts stores. You don't need to clean the head
as it should be trued by a machine shop. You can clean the block using the
Scotchbrite wheels. Use a tap to clean the threads. As Marc said, it's best
to use a bottoming tap which is flat on the bottom but they are not easily
found at hardware stores. MSC Industrial Supply sells them.

I would pour oil on the rocker assembly but first blow it off if possible
using a compressor.

BTW, I would have the shop check the valves, guides and seals while it's
there.

Mike