post-emergency carb repair

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: post-emergency carb repair
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:43:44 -0700
Took my carbs back off today and replaced the bolt that fell off the front
SU on our little trip up Ortega Highway. When we got back Jon Frampton had a
spare set of carbs and he gave me the needed part. Thanks again, Jon. Put
Locktite on both bolts. Funny thing, though. Checked all the other screws
and bolts and everything was tight and sound. Weird. Guess it paid to put
the car back together myself as I remembered that long screw in the trunk!
Anyways, she works fine again. Probably should have re-polished those carb
domes as long as I had em off, but it's a holiday, and for me, standing in
front of a buffing wheel qualifies as WORK :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600
http://www.PictureTrail.com/bauman311