1600 Water Temp Sender Leaking

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1600 Water Temp Sender Leaking
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:15:13 -0400
I am getting a leak where the temp sender is on a 1600. Any ideas on how to
fix it? The water is not coming from around the capture nut but between the
sensor and the nut. I guess the sender can't seat properly in the head and
I'm afraid of applying too much torque to the capture nut as I'll ruin the
threads.

Thanks,
Mike

BTW, my drill started smoking when I used it prime the engine for a few
minutes but it still works. Also how long can I wait before I start this
baby up before having to reprime it? This water leak is a PITA and throwing
my plans off.