Re: oil in carbs

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, <darylsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: oil in carbs
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:13:51 -0400
Your eyes are better than mine as I saw no difference but didn't look that
carefully.

However, the oil is from blowby not from the engine tilt. There is no way
oil can get into the aircleaner assembly providing you didn't spill any in
there. Oil is sucked in from the crankcase breather on the valve cover and
especially if your engine needs some work there will be oil sucked in there.

Nothing to worry about as long as you have more oil in the pan than in the
air cleaner :)

Mike