Re: Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)*LONG*

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Misrepresentation (Was Found A 67.5 Solex)*LONG*
From: LCinPhxAZ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:44:31 EDT
Since our name is being brought up..... ;)

We knew the car in question was a '64 before committing to purchase it.
Thanks to the excellent education Andrew and the others gave us at the AZROC
picnic as well as research we had done on the Internet, we were able to go
back for another look and properly identify the vehicle.  We also realized at
that investigation that the engine was not an original 1500.  The owner let
us examine the title before we even told him we were interested, and sure
enough it is also titled as a '64.

I honestly don't think this fellow intentially misrepresented the car.  After
some discussion about the condition of the vehicle, he made an attractive
adjustment to the price and the rest, as they say, is history.

But an interesting aside:

After I posted the URL of our web page to the group, Mark in Maryland
contacted me with the tantalizing promise of more info on the car.  It turns
out he was in Flagstaff in the early '90's and knew the car's owner and even
drove it.  This PO owns a car lot that is still operational, so I gave him a
call.  When I told him we now owned a Roadster with a wood dash, he
remembered the car exactly, and was even able to tell us that it came to HIM
from a guy in Verde Valley (which is south of Flagstaff).

Small world, isn't it?

Charlotte and Leonard Hoover
'64 SPL310