RE: Wheels & tires

To: "'lou daly'" <lou_daly@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Wheels & tires
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 13:07:12 -0700
Mark Wrote - Does anyone have a list or chart of wheel / tire combinations (
wheel size & offset or backspacing
--------------
Offset depends on wheel width. a 6'' wheel will want a -15 to -20 mm (the
mounting plane will be 15 ~ 20 mm outboard of the wheel center line). as you
go wider, you'll want more negative offset until the point where the tire
starts to contact the rear springs. A good fitting wheel will take a
195/60/14 nicely

Larry Wrote - I would like to know this so I can add some nice Panasports
for a basic 14 inch wheel.
Your in luck. Our Vendors have worked with Panasport for the best
configurations. Start there and the guess work will be out of the picture.

Lou Wrote - Does anybody know if 280z wheels (i think about 1980)work on a
'66 - i got 5 (unmounted w/out lugnuts with the car)
They fit but take care. Most Z's have a 0 offset which means the wheel will
stick out too far and rear fender contact will result. Again, this varies
from set to set