RE: Wheels & tires

To: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wheels & tires
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
Lou, I think they will "fit", but you are going to
have trouble with the thru the wheel lugs, as the Z
wheels are 12mm and your studs are 7/16.  replacing
the nuts is easy, but there will be slop in the wheel.
The correct fix is to replace your studs, but is a
PITA.  I do not necessarily recommend my fix to
anyone.....but, I center the wheels with 3 regular
tapered lug nuts, then one by one, torque the thru the
wheel 7/16 nuts (85 - 90 ft-lb).  I have not had any
problems.  Worst case is if something slips, you'll
have a trip to the dentist when your teeth chatter.  I
do not think there is any chance of anything comming
off.  Just one man's opinion.  BTW, Mike Faggert put
me on to this method, and I promise not to sue him if
anything ever goes wrong, goes wrong, goes wrong...

Also see prior post about clearance on the '66.  If
you use them, I would suggest 185/65X14.  Odd size, I
know, if you use a 60 which would be OK, your
speedometer will be way off however.

Mike Harper
'66 1600
Charleston SC