Re: Hoist

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Hoist
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:26:50 -0700
I always put the front end on jacks, maybe 12-14 "in height under the front
part of the frame. Makes the engine removal and install easier, getting to
the tranny brace and speedo cable is a challenge however. Reinstall is a
little easier because the angle of the motor/trans is lessened by having the
front up.  My hoist  fits under the front suspension with this arrangement
also. I also cut a little off of the left front motor mount to allow room
for the header, exhaust man. to clear easier that last couple of inches.
I also put the car in the garage with the front towards the door, so
antifreeze, etc, is easier to clean up  after the job is done.
IMO
Mike Koken