Re: Fram Oil Filters

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fram Oil Filters
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 16:13:30 -0500
>Gerardo Magana

> Adam, yes, it is an original piece, on most cars it has become a lost item,
> thrown out during an oil change, but it is necessary so that when you start
> your car you can get oil up to your head and chain right away.  due to the
> fact that the filter is downside up it is needed in order to keep a
> reservoir of oil so that it can circulate immediately on start up, I will
> look for the name of this piece, gonna have to consult a parts manual.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that putting them upside down is even
dumber than laying them on their side ala the L-motors. Does anyone have and
idea why they did this?

Inquiring minds, etc.

Ron

ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)