Fram Oil Filters

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fram Oil Filters
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:45:50 -0400
For those of you who don't know my recently rebuilt H20 was wiped out when
the Fram filter casing developed a crack and all my oil spewed forth rust
proofing my car with 5 quarts of oil but causing me to build a new short
block. I originally thought it was the Oring but it wasn't.

I made mention of this fact last night at my MG club meeting and someone
asked me a Q of what brand it was. When I told him he smiled and said I
thought so. Seems the same happened to him also.

Several months ago a mechanic I know told me of replacing 2 Acura engines
because of a cracked filter case. And both used Fram oil filters. I
poo-pooed that as I had been using Frams for 30 years with no problems.

An attorney at the law firm I work for is going to sign a letter which I
will compose and send to Allied Signal. I can't wait to see their response
but we both know what it will be. They will deny it. Hopefully there will be
some cases of Allied Signal being sued for the same problem by others.

Be forwarned, Fram filters are CRAP!!!!!!

Ironically, that was the last Fram filter I had and would ever use, the rest
are AC Delcos. Penske filters are also Frams.

Mike

PS - Anyone in the NY area want to help pull an engine???? Spare R block?