Re: Fram Oil Filters

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Fram Oil Filters
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:23:12 -0700
>Be forwarned, Fram filters are CRAP!!!!!!

>Ironically, that was the last Fram filter I had and would ever use, the
rest are AC Delcos. Penske filters are also Frams.

I was forewarned. The list was forewarned. The oil filter study, that was a
topic last year (and the year before), did not fall on deaf ears. I switched
to WIX filters and stayed there.

Not only does Fram have a very high case failure rate but It's elements
collapse and disintegrate inside the filter AND the Anti-Backflow device is
a P.O.S.