the beast is back!

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: the beast is back!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:51:23 -0700
Took a day off today and hitched a ride with Jon Frampton down to Escondido
to pick up my car. It was in the paint shop to have some post-Solvang fender
repair work done. Joe Roach wasn't the only one who lost a wheel, and though
his at-speed blowout caused more damage than our wheel flopping off on the
shoulder, I am thankful we all got away in one piece.

The beast looks like new and I'm very happy. We got back down to Jon's shop
and noticed that the front bumper was not setting quite right. Turns out
there were a couple loose bolts on the driver's side bracket and got them
tightened up. While under the car my friend Terry (and a friend like this
everyone should have!) noticed a couple loose bolts on the lower 'A' arm. We
got those snugged up as well. I now know what I am doing this weekend! Up on
jack stands she goes for a heavy-duty bolt tightening and Nyloks and
Lok-Tite for everything that isn't holding it's own.

Thanks again guys!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600