Re: was firewall brace now baby advise (OT)

To: bitterrootprop@nidlink.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was firewall brace now baby advise (OT)
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:19:51 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/01 11:52:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
bitterrootprop@nidlink.com writes:

>  I was packing my tools and spares when Anne came out
> and asked what I was doing. I said getting ready for tomorrow. She
> replied , if you go you might as will keep on driving .

OW - that hurts !!!!

Let's throw a little female perspecive into this .....

 If a guy doesn't balance out the whole Daddy thing w/ his usual
hobbies/interest he will  usually grow crabby and resentful. Keyword there :
BALANCE. Hopefully you will find a good compromise there, but I also hope
that she will understand that daddies just need a break sometime. Being a
car-guy before the baby was good enough then, being a daddy doenst change who
you are at heart !

Also for guys to understand: recovering having a baby just doenst happen over
night. Way too many changes happen - usually takes months  ( a year or more?)
 to happen. Being over-protective of "family" in general is one thing that
tends to happen a lot. ( threat of danger of anything happening to you out at
the track, for example). It may not get verbalized that way - but it really
is a natural instinct that is really hard to overcome and she may not even
realize that it is happening. Again,,, a good balance in everybody's life,
and understanding some of the not so obvious things is the key!

Best wishes on the new little one,

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC