Driving a 69, and progress on my 67.5 (long)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving a 69, and progress on my 67.5 (long)
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:20:25 -0700
Well I had a good evening.
My neighbor up the street came down with his 69 roadster
and took me for a spin and then said it was my turn.  :-)
Drove around for a half hour or so.  Had that funny grin on
my face.  Sure helps to get you motivated.  I have my 67.5
nearly ready for paint.  After doing the first sand with 80 grit.
Then prime and sand with 180, and prime again and sand with
180 a second time.  Find a few.... not so perfect spots and sand
some more, prime and sand.  Using guide coats with each step.
I will shoot primer again in the morning.  Almost ready for 400
wet and then.........possibly paint.  I was distracted again by one
of my patients who came by in his 67 Camaro.  It's a bit nicer than
new.  Modified just a bit, HA.  :-)  Helped him diagnose a little
funny noise and then back to the sanding salt mine.  I know this is
the most important step before painting so I am trying to be patient.
I am hoping to have it ready for paint next weekend.  Black!  Hard
to believe how much these materials cost.  I am on my second gallon
of catalyzed primer.  Couldn't I just sweep up all that dust and mix
it up to put it back on the car?  At $150 a Gallon, WOW!  I did buy
a quart or red for only $108, what a bargain.
:-)  Have a great evening!  :-)