Re: 1966 1600 in Pa

To: RIckSRL@cs.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1966 1600 in Pa
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
Rick, when you say, not much changed...really, nearly
everything changed from '66 to '69, except they look
alike!  Very few interchangable parts.  The '66 is
SAE, the 68> metric.  There are lots of similarities,
but outside of the R-16's which are different, but
interchangable, they are 2 different cars.  That being
said, I love my '66 and parts are not that hard to
get.  Same vendors, and Nissan will surprise you from
time to time.  In some ways the R-16 is much easier to
get parts for, than your U-20 because the H-20
(forklift) was made until the early '90's and is the
same engine w different bore & stroke.  The car sounds
like a real "project".  You do not list the price, but
consider having a west coast car shipped to you.  An
extra $800 - $900 cost, but the selection and "rust"
factor probably make it well worth the $$.  Also
Airline tix are cheap to some destinations if you can
find a driver... Just a thought.

40k is kinda hard to believe for a 35 year old car..

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000
Charleston SC