1966 1600 in Pa

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1966 1600 in Pa
From: RIckSRL@cs.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 19:05:22 EDT
I just looked at a Roadster for sale in the area. I was thinking of buying it
and was wondering whether the availability of parts is just as good for this
slightly older car.
I realize not much changed, but my big concern would be the replacement of
the brake master cylinder and rear wheel cylinders.
I would also like some opinions as to price.
I would say the car is "fair" shape, body mostly straight with the only major
problem being the passenger side jack point gave while car jacked up. Chrome
needs replaced or redone. Weather-stripping needs replaced, including around
windshield. No cracks in dash, seats excellent. Looks like it sat outside,
because dash and gauges look "weathered". Carpet is trash, although
floorboards have been replaced. Top is torn, but he has a tonneau and the
boot cover. Tires are good. Less than 40,000 original miles, although I'm
wondering if the Speedo is working. Didn't drive it as it isn't registered
and was a little rougher then I hoped. Aren't they always?
Good points, some bad points, some stuff doesn't add up, which leads me to
say I probably not going to buy it. Although if the price where
right......mmmm.
Any thoughts?

Rick Stayner
69 2000