RE: Mystery Roadster back on eBay

To: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>,
Subject: RE: Mystery Roadster back on eBay
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:00:46 -0700 (PDT)
I have no problem with a Frankenroadster.  Mismatched engine #'s are
very common and don't determine VIN.  The VIN on the frame determines
the VIN of the car, regardless of what body is on the frame.  If you've
got the title for that VIN, great.  If you sell the car with the wrong
title (i.e. selling the car with a title for a different VIN) then you
are committing fraud (in my non-lawyer opinion; may coincide with laws,
may not).

If I didn't know much about Datsun Roadsters, I might think the ID
plate is the authoritative source of the VIN.  It isn't.

As such, if he sells the car with a mismatched title, I believe he's
committing fraud.

Did he tell you the actual VIN on the frame?  Where is ITS title?
Where is the car you sold (with this VIN)?

=====