Re: 1600 needed for MGB Magazine article

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1600 needed for MGB Magazine article
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:19:29 +0000
It's not just about "going up against", though, is it?

Straight line performance between a stock 1600 and a stock MGB should be so
close as to be hard to differentiate from the driver's seat.  I reckon the B
might feel faster, if only because you're sitting lower in it.  I navigated
in a friend's MG Midget once, and I felt like we were flying!  (I also felt
like I'd never have to wipe my arse again, seeing as I'd just scraped it
across the asphalt for a couple of hours!).

But it'll be interesting to see what's said about handling, braking, and
driver comfort.  I've never driven an MG.  I should try one out, I
suppose...

I just love all old sportscars, anyway.  Just a few weeks back, I exchanged
waves with a couple of Triumph owners (TR6 and TR4 - both very nice
examples, too), an Alfa Romeo GTV (that beautiful coupe from the late
60's-early 70's), and a month or so before that, a guy in a Morgan!  All of
them smiled and waved back - even the cap-wearing Morgan driver!

Cheers,
Steve