Re: 1600 needed for MGB Magazine article

To: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 needed for MGB Magazine article
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:54:42 -0400
A friend in the MG club owns a 72 B and it handles very good. I was
surprised by how well his car handled as I followed him in my Miata through
some twisty roads coming back from Lime Rock. He has bigger sways and heavy
duty lever shocks and Panasport wheels with some meaty tires. Quite fast too
as he massaged the engine and a 5 speed.

I could pass him but since he knew where we were going I thought it would be
better if I followed :) I did race him from a stop light and out accelerated
him but he wasn't too far behind.

They do make some serious "go" parts for the Bs.

Mike