Re: Cleaning Aluminium/Silver pieces

To: Geegc@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cleaning Aluminium/Silver pieces
From: Roadster <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 00:37:38 -0600
Hi Gary,

I use kerosene and 800 grit wet/dry sand paper for the shiny items then run them
over the polishing wheel.  The 800 leaves it with a hazy shine and the buffer
brings it to a mirror finish.  If there are imperfections that you wish to take
out, start with a coarser grade of paper and work your way up to the 800.  Not
for use on electrical goodies of course.

For rough finish items, a brass tooth brush and kerosene works nicely.

Harbor Freights sells a 3/4 hp buffer for under $100 and the buffs and polishing
compound I get from Eastwood.  Using a buffer is quite an easy job though
somewhat messy.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000