RE: Clutch pilot tool

To: "'lou daly'" <lou_daly@yahoo.com>, Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>,
Subject: RE: Clutch pilot tool
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:44:21 -0800
>Lou Asked - is it not possible to just use the input shaft of the tranny to
line up the clutch?

The bell housing will not allow you to tighten down the pressure plate while
the the input shaft is holding the disk in alignment. Now, if you just
happen to have a spare input shaft as Gary Cohen did yesterday, you've got
the perfect alignment tool. I have a tool like the the one Gary Boone
described below, but mine is a Lisle brand.

The Eastwood device Gary Cohen described was overly complicated in order to
be "Universal". Unfortunately it wasn't "Universal" enough to handle a
roadster clutch.

>Gary Boone wrote: One clutch pilot tool that fits the 1600 or 2000 clutch
disc is a Motormite 14501.  It's about $2 at your local auto parts store.