starter connections

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: starter connections
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 02:18:27 EST
In replacing my starter after 4 months out, I want to make sure I don't fry
anything.  The solenoid on top of the starter has three connections, a spade
lug and two threaded terminals.  The spade lug is easy to hook up, and it
appears to me that the outside threaded terminal gets the positive battery
and hot leads to the fuse box, while the inside threaded terminal should be
grounded (and may already be grounded internally).

Does this sound right?  Can't see the back of the unit for all the carbs,
headers and whatnot floating around down there.

Gary C
getting closer, but no cigar, yet.