Re: starter connections

To: <Geegc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: starter connections
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:33:58 -0600 (CST)
All your assumptions are correct until you get to the inside stud. It does
NOT go to ground, but to the heavy lead sticking out of the starter.

When you apply 12 Volts to the solenoid via the 1/4" spade connection the
solenoid connects the battery cable to the other threaded post, putting
hich current 12 Volts to the starter, which causes it to spin.

You should only have that one lead connected to the inside post.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner