allison crane ignition anyone?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: allison crane ignition anyone?
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:05:08 EST
Just after transistors were invented I put an Allison crane ignition (I
think, it was a long time ago) in my 1600.  The papyrus on which the
instructions were printed has returned to the earth, and I am wondering if
anyone else used the same setup and has the old instructions.

My unit has three wires in a gray sleeve to the dizzy, and what appear to be
black, red and purple leads coming out of the transistor and heat sink.
Looks like the black and red go to the coil, and the purple to ground, but I
wanted to see if anyone else has the same unit and can confirm this.

The Crane web site doesn't have anything that old.

Thanks,

Gary C
1966 1600
1968 2000