Electronic Ignition

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic Ignition
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:52:13 -0600
If any of you are interested in an old-old Electronic Ignition System that
connected between the distributor and the coil, I have a new-in-the-box
A.R.C. Ignition System, using the latest 1970's technology.  The instruction
sheet calls it a New Generation SCR and it is essentially a low amp
switching system using the regular points but no condenser.  The
instructions show a black wire to ground, brown to coil (-), red to coil
(+), and purple to distributor.  The purple takes the place of the
distributor to coil (-) lead, and is spliced to it at the distributor.  The
distributor to coil lead is disconnected from the coil and taped off.
Disconnect and tape off the condenser, and you're all set.  The unit has a
Full (Ownership Duration) Warranty, And if the company is still in business,
you could exchange it if it failed. I bought this sometime in the 70's and
put it on the shelf, then forgot about it when cars went pointless.
Apparently the unit controls the duration and intensity of the spark using
the points as a timer.

I will sell this unused, as new,  piece of history for $150, but I'm afraid
I must sell it "as is" with no stated or implied warranty.  And no notarized
paperwork.  I have a cousin who might know someone who has the address of
the company, so you should be able to replace it if it doesn't work,
perhaps.  And I can truthfully say that no one who has bought one of my
products has been unsatisfied with my service.  For a slight extra fee I
will ship to foreign countries, or even Canada.

If you want to look at this bit of automotive history, I'll bring it to the
autocross this Sunday at Pennington Field.  And if you want to look at the
wiring diagram, email me and I'll send you a .jpg.

Leisure Suit Terry