Re: 2000 timing parts/gears

To: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 timing parts/gears
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:08:47 -0600
> ARE THESE #'S CORRECT?
Yes, these are the correct numbers.

> HOW DO WE GET THESE PARTS OTHER THAT THROUGH THE
> VENDORS?
We don't!  Even getting them through the vendors is a good trick these days.
I was talking to Dean Apostal at Fairlady Products a few days ago.  He said
that he had about 10 sets left!  Due to the high setup cost, having them
custom made is out of the question.  I asked about all of the vendors
getting together to share the tooling costs.  He said that he has tried to
do this for different items in the past but could not generate any interest.

So, how about it vendors?  It would result in the parts being pricey I
realize.  But, pricey beats NLA.  After all, they ain't cheap now!

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359