Re: 2000 timing parts/gears

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2000 timing parts/gears
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:16:51 -0700
> Whats wrong with going thru the vendors?

I didn't read Mike's request as not wanting to go thru the vendors.  We all
need our vendors and I'm personally glad that they've invested in the tools,
etc, to keep some of these parts around.

I know that in some cases good ( and correct) parts are still available from
other sources, and they can save a significant amount of money.  Since I'm
doing a frame-off resto, I know I will need (or want) a lot of parts, and I
already know that I will get the vast majority of them thru these vendors.
I will, however, utilize other sources if I know that the savings will be
significant for my resto.

I thought the purpose of this list was to help others that had a common love
for these cars?  I've often asked for part numbers, etc, and have gotten
many "call the vendors" type responses.   I know their phone numbers, I know
their websites, and their fax numbers are stored in memory.

Sometimes we just want to know our options...

Tim