Re: 2000 timing parts/gears

To: "Mike Faggart" <mikef@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 2000 timing parts/gears
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:41:06 +1100
Those part numbers are unlikely to be current. Nissan changed to a
system of numbers AND letters within the last few years. We have found
(at least in Australia) that there were a lot of errors in the
changeover and it was only with the help of some good Nissan parts
dealers that we have tracked down a number of parts that were listed as
NLA. Most dealers will not go to any effort to chase old parts.

The most recent example for us was number plate lights. On the current
number they were NLA. Our dealer chased through the process and
discovered 3 were sitting in a parts warehouse in Melbourne. Our club
bought them. Downside is that they are again NLA anywhere :(

Regards,
Phill Brook
www.users.bigpond.com/fairlady